I try to update them every few months, sometime more frequently if there's a lot going, and sometimes less often if there isn't much happening. The FAQs were last updated on October 19, 2023 so all the info here is up to date as of then.
I have set up a newsletter, so you can stay-up-to-date on all the latest news about my books, including new releases, sales, and giveaways.
Right now, the only way to get autographed or signed materials from me is through my Patreon. I have a few different options, but the Bookdragon tier has monthly physical goods, including signed bookplates, stickers, and bookmarks.
To find out more, as well as voting on character names, exclusive artwork, and more, check out my Patreon: www.patreon.com/AmandaHocking.
Hollow Stars - the all new third book in the Hollows - is out now in ebook and paperback! To find out more, check out this post: here.
Updated and extended versions of the first two books - Hollowland: Redux and Hollowmen: Redux are out now, and a fourth (and possibly final) book will be out Halloween 2024.
Here's a complete list of everything I've written, in the order in which I published them:
1. My Blood Approves (My Blood Approves, Book #1)
2. Fate (My Blood Approves, Book #2)
3. Flutter (My Blood Approves, Book #3)
4. Switched (Trylle, Book #1)
5. Wisdom (My Blood Approves, Book #4)
5. Torn (Trylle, Book #2)
7. Hollowland (The Hollows, Book #1)
8. Letters to Elise (My Blood Approves, Novella)
9. Ascend (Trylle, Book #3)
11. Hollowmen (The Hollows, Book #2)
12. Wake (Watersong, Book #1)
13. Lullaby (Watersong, Book #2)
14. Forgotten Lyrics (Watersong, Short Story)
15. Tidal (Watersong, Book #3)
16. Elegy (Watersong, Book #4)
17. Frostfire (Kanin Chronicles, Book #1)
18. Ice Kissed (Kanin Chronicles, Book #2)
19. The King's Games (Kanin Chronicles, Novella)
20. Crystal Kingdom (Kanin Chronicles, Book #3)
21. Swear (My Blood Approves, Book #5)
22. Freeks (standalone)
23. Between the Blade and the Heart (Valkyrie, Book #1)
24. From the Earth to the Shadows (Valkyrie, Book#2)
25. The Lost City (Omte Origins, Book #1)
26. The Morning Flower (Omte Origins, Book #2)
27. The Ever After (Omte Origins, Book #3)
28. Bestow the Darkness
29. Virtue: Revised & Extended (Seven Fallen Hearts, Book #1)
30. Tristitia (Seven Fallen Hearts, Book #2)
31. My Blood Approve, Complete Saga: Updated Edition
32. Little Tree (My Blood Approves, Short Story)
33. Hollowland: Redux (Hollows, Book #1)
34. Hollowmen: Redux (Hollows, Book #2)
35. Into the Hollow Dark (Hollows, Short Story)
36. Into the Hollow Horde (Hollows, Short Story)
37. Hollow Stars (Hollows, Book #3)
38. A Hungry Heart (Seven Fallen Hearts, Short Story) - coming December 2023
39. Superbia (Seven Fallen Hearts, Book #3) - coming February 14, 2024
40. Into the Hollow Years (Hollows, short story) - coming mid-2024
41. Hollows, Book #4 - coming Halloween 2024
42. A Lonely Heart (Seven Fallen Hearts, short story) - coming late 2024
43. Avaritia (Seven Fallen Hearts, Book #4) - coming late 2024
Swear - the final book in the My Blood Approves series - came out November 9, 2016. All five books in the My Blood Approves Saga - My Blood Approves, Fate, Flutter, Wisdom, Swear - and the prequel novella "Letters to Elise" have been updated and re-released with new covers and bonus content.
A brand-new holiday short story "Little Tree" is also coming on November 7, 2022. To find out more or get your copy:
I want to a compile a list of people to review books, so if you are interested in getting advanced review copies of this or future books, please email me at hocking_books at outlook.com, and include the following info: your name, any blogs/bookstagram/booktube/booktok info you have, what your favorite genres to read are, if you prefer ebooks or paperbacks, and your mailing address (if you prefer paperbacks).
You can find them: here. All my books are available at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and the iBookstore.
The Trylle Trilogy, the Watersong Quartet, the Kanin Chronicles, Freeks, the Valkyrie Duology, and the Omte Origins are available in stores where ever books are sold.
If my book isn't on the shelf, ask an employee, and they'll order it for you.
At this time, none of my books are going to be made into movies or television. I would like it if they were, but unfortunately, the movie industry is a finnicky business, and the teen market is incredibly competitive. The Trylle Trilogy rights had been optioned to a company, but they were ultimately unable to move forward with it so the rights reverted back to me. If any of this changes, I will be sure to keep you all posted!
I can't tell you or it would ruin all the fun. I also won't tell you who shot JR on Dallas or who is Keyser Soze in The Usual Suspects.
There are three trilogies set in the world of the Trylle, containing nine books total - Switched, Torn, Ascend, Frostfire, Ice Kissed, Crystal Kingdom, The Morning Flower, The Lost City, The Ever After - and they are all out now. I loved this world so much, but I have completed the saga, and I don’t think I’ll be returning to again.
I've recently started a series where I give writing advice and talking about the writing process. You can check it out: here
Write a lot, and read more than you write.
Learn to take criticism.
Edit a lot, and find a good editor.
Subscribe to Courtney Summers's newsletter (Seriously do that if you're even considered a career as a writer).
Read On Writing by Stephen King and Joe Konrath's A Newbie's Guide to Publishing - all of it.
Be professional and polite always, even when people say they hate your book (and people will). You can also check out my Pinterest board for Writing Tips and Advice.
I would also suggest checking out Wattpad, especially if you're writing for young adults or are a young adult yourself. They have a great writing community, and it's an excellent place to get feedback and find an audience for your work.
I wrote a blog explaining my whole process for writing my books, so if you're interested in that sorta thing, you can read the blog: here
I'm not sure exactly. I know a lot of it has to do with really supportive readers who do an amazing job of letting people know when they've enjoyed my books. But I did write an extensive blog that explains exactly what I did to get published. You can read it: here
This is a question that I got a lot that I don't completely understand. With all my books that are currently self-published, I just went to the retailer and uploaded the books directly to Amazon for the Kindle and Barnes & Noble for the Nook. For iBookstore, Kobo, the Sony eReader, etc, you can't upload directly to the site, but you can publish them through the third-party publisher Smashwords.
For more information about that, I would highly recommend going to Smashwords. They also have a really fantastic guide on formatting ebooks. For paperbacks, I went through Createspace, because they were the easiest to use and most affordable.
If you're going to self-publish, you need to research and find out works best for you. It is possible to make a living at it, but you need to learn about the business aspects before you dive in. Here's a link to a blog where I list everything I know about publishing: here.
If you send an unpublished book or materials to me, and I have not asked for it, I will NOT read it. I will simply throw it away, even if it's a book.
Yes, I'm represented by Steven Axelrod at The Axelrod Agency, Inc, and Katy McCaffrey at the Gersh Agency.
I can give you some basic background information about me. I was born in 1984 and grew up in Austin, Minnesota. I always knew I wanted to be a writer, since the moment I learned how to write. After high school, I didn’t go to college immediately, and when I did go, I went for a degree in Human Services, because I was working in a group home for people with disabilities. I started self-publishing in 2010, at the age of 25. I’ve since published over twenty novels, several of which made the New York Times Bestseller list. I currently live in Rochester, Minnesota, with my husband, step-son, chinchilla, two dogs, and two cats.
I do. I listen to tons of music when I write, and I actually curate playlists for all my books that I listen to. I post all of them on Spotify (including ones for my current Works In Progress), and you can have a LISTEN
Batman. But I'm warming to Henry Cavill.